Que sera sera

Monday, May 31

My people


Watching this on PBS right now. Its a surprise to me to see that Independent Lense would do a film about the Vietnamese population. Nonetheless, I enjoy it, in a way that, yes, my people deserve recognition.
 Its funny, my non-vietnamese friends would probably think that I hate Vietnamese. Because I complaint about them so much: how they never stay in line, how they never pick  up after themselves, how loudly they talk, how "stalking-ly" they are, how they always nag, blah blah blah. Being a Vietnamese myself, I understand my people' weakness, as well as strength. And the more I "hate" (not really tho), the more I love ( a lot). After all, they are - my - people.
I hope the Vietnamese community in New Orleans will revive and prosper. Watching their struggle makes me cry. Because I feel their pain, and because I am PROUD of them.
I love my people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tự do thoải mái bày tỏ ý kiến của mình nha. Nhưng xin vui lòng chửi thề có chừng mực. Please be polite and courteous while freely expressing your thoughts. No spams please.